WRC A FULL 2019
FRENCHMAN “SEB OGIER” 🇫🇷 EYES SEVENTH TITLE ON THE SPIN FOR CITROËN AHEAD OF RALLYE MONTECARLO
Frenchman eyes seventh title on the spin for Citroën ahead of Rallye Monte-Carlo.
Sébastien Ogier got to show off the new Citroën centenary livery on his 2019 C3 WRC title contender at the Autosport International show in the NEC Birmingham. Here is all you need to know:
– The Frenchman was joined by co-driver Julien Ingrassia as well as Citroën Total World Rally Team driver Esapekka Lappi and his navigator Janne Ferm.
– The new livery has been designed to celebrate the brand’s centenary as Red Bull returns alongside long-standing partners Total and Michelin.
– It features the double chevrons of the brand’s original logo and features a symbolic reference to 1919, the year in which the brand was founded.
– Ogier is chasing a seventh consecutive WRC title after his switch from the M-Sport Ford outfit with Finnish driver Lappi moving over from Toyota.
– Finn Teemu Suninen replaces Ogier at M-Sport Ford, while nine-time champion Sébastien Loeb has signed a contract to contest six rounds with Hyundai.
– Belgian Thierry Neuville remains with Hyundai after his second place last season, while third-placed Estonian Ott Tänak stays at Toyota Gazoo Racing.
– The action gets underway at Rallye Monte Carlo from January 24-27 along with 13 more races around the globe including the Australia finale in November.
– Citroën Total WRT, which has already claimed 99 WRC victories since 1999, will be attacking the new season determined to pass the iconic 100 mark.
Media Red Bull Motorsports / Austria
@World / Portugal
15 January 2019
Categories: RRM WRC ARGENTINA 19 AÑOS