WRC A FULL 2017
KRIS MEEKE GRABS TOP-THREE SPOT.
Tour de Corse (6-9 April 2017) – Shakedown
Contested in Sorbo-Ocagnono, the Tour de Corse shakedown provided the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi team’s crews with the chance to make a few final adjustments before the start. Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle set the third fastest time in their Citroën C3 WRC.
– Spring seems to have arrived in Corsica for round four of the World Rally Championship, as glorious sunshine warmed the atmosphere at today’s shakedown.
– Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle focused on completing the three mandatory runs during this final test session. The British-Irish duo set the third fastest time, just a few tenths behind Sébastien Ogier and Hayden Paddon.
– Craig Breen and Scott Martin also completed three runs, setting the eighth fastest time on their second pass.
– Stéphane Lefebvre and Gabin Moreau were the field’s hardest-working crew, as they looked to get their bearings on tarmac. The Frenchmen completed six runs, ending up with the ninth quickest time.
– The crews will now head for Ajaccio. The ceremonial start will be held this evening in Miot square from 6.30pm. After spending the night in parc ferme, the cars will kick off the rally proper tomorrow morning from the imperial city.
“I’m pleased to have shown that we have good speed here. However, the shakedown is pretty different to what we’ll experience in the rally. The stages are long and tyre management is going to be critical. I still can’t wait to get started. Everyone who was here last year knows the stages well and it’ll be close. It looks like the weather is going to be pretty mild, so that’s a good thing!”
“It went well this morning, we had a good set-up and the C3 WRC was very enjoyable to drive. I found the road got dirty fairly quickly, with the mud and stones dragged onto the road on the corners as more cars completed. I feel confident going into the race.”
“I needed to get my bearings on these narrow, twisty roads. On the first few passes, I was too near the middle of the road and I didn’t dare cut. I gradually grew in confidence with the car and my times improved as I completed more runs.”
1 Ogier 3:50.7
2 Paddon 3:51.3
3 MEEKE 3:51.6
4 Latvala & Neuville 3:51.8
6 Tanak 3:52.0
7 Sordo 3:52.2
8 BREEN 3:52.7
9 LEFEBVRE 3:54.0
10 Evans 3:55.0
Media Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team
Admin and Translation:
All The Best, Pablito, Pablo MACHI WRC
Media & Comunication Top Run Motorsport
Media & Comunication TEIN Motorsports
Rally Report Magazine Argentina
Photos: @World Media Agency
Categories: RRM ARGENTINA WRC 17 AÑOS