DAKAR A FULL 2015
Al-Attiyah scores his third stage win.
10 January 2015
Friday, January 9, 2015
Nasser Al-Attiyah maintained his highly impressive start to the 2015 Dakar Rally as he collected yet another stage win on the route between Antofagasta and Iquique. The latest victory is the Qatari’s third stage win of the race so far as he continues to increase his advantage at the front of the race.
The Qatar Rally Team driver was shocked to learn he had the day’s fastest time when he arrived at the finish line in northern Chile. “We won the stage? That’s good news and I’m happy to be here,” said Nasser. “We did a good job and it’s a good day for us again.”
Nasser and co-driver Matthieu Baumel built up plenty of speed on the fast tracks that characterised the opening section of the stage and then really began to dominate when they reached the dunes that concluded the route. Nasser admitted that he was not suffering from the intense heat that was present throughout the stage. “I actually didn’t sweat today,” admitted Nasser after the stage. “We enjoyed our day and we just have to keep to our target.”
The 2011 Dakar champion remains focused on taking things one step at a time. The next challenge awaiting himself and Matthieu is the opening part of the marathon stage which comes tomorrow when the cars enter Bolivia for the first time ever.
“Tomorrow is a marathon day, but it’s not the biggest stage.” revealed Nasser. “We will open the road and then be without assistance at the end of the stage. Then tomorrow the second leg finishes with dunes so we are looking forward to that.”
Nasser has now built up a buffer of over 11 minutes from his nearest rival and has the ability to plan with co-driver Matthieu when they will attack and when they will control their speed.
Stay up-to-date with the Qatar Rally Team at redbull.com/dakar, as they look to continue their serious pace in motorsport’s ultimate test of endurance racing.
Results of SS6:
1. Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT)/Matthieu Baumel (FRA) Qatar Rally Team 2h 37m 18s
2. Giniel de Villiers (RSA)/Dirk von Zitzewitz (DEU) Toyota All Speed +00:00:37
3. Nani Roma (ESP)/Michel Périn (FRA) Mini +00:01:24
Overall ranking after SS6:
1. Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT)/Matthieu Baumel (FRA) Qatar Rally Team 19h 30m 44s
2. Giniel de Villiers (RSA)/Dirk von Zitzewitz (DEU) Toyota All Speed +00:11:12
3. Yazeed Al-Rahji (SAU)/Timo Gottschalk (DEU) Toyota +00:28:44
4. Krzysztof Holowczyc (POL)/Xavier Panseri (FRA) Mini +01:00:53
5. Bernhard Ten Brinke (NLD)/Tom Colsoul (BEL) Toyota +01:04:23
6. Erik van Loon (NLD)/Wouter Roesegar (NLD) Mini +01:06:43
7. Christian Lavieille (FRA)/Pascal Maimon (FRA) Toyota +01:27:22
8. Carlos Sousa (PRT)/Paulo Fiuza (PRT) Mitsubishi +01:42:45
9. Ronan Chabot (FRA)/Gilles Pillot (FRA) SMG +01:49:27
10. Stéphane Peterhansel (FRA)/J-P Cottret (FRA) Team Peugeot-Total +01:49:41
Qatar Red Bull Rally Team
Admin and Translation:
Media & Comunication Top Run Motorsport
Rally Report Magazine Argentina
Categories: Rally Report Magazine Argentina 15 años